: The Online Certified Resistance Training Professional (RTP) certificate program is designed for personal trainers, group exercise instructors (Aerobic/Strength/TRX/Pilates/Yoga etc…), athletic trainers, allied medical professionals (physical therapists/chiropractors) interested in learning a detailed process to teach, analyze, and perfect resistance training exercises/movements for their clients/patients. Whether you are a fitness/health professional, college student, or individual from the general public; learn how to perform biomechanically safe and effective resistance exercises and develop training programs to correct posture and body alignment and avoid exercise-related injuries!Instructor Description
: Natalie Johnson, MS, has worked in an academic setting throughout her career. Natalie taught for the Kinesiology Department at San Diego State University in addition to being the Fitness & Operations Director at the Aztec Recreation Center. While instructing for the Kinesiology Department, she also was a “Student Mentor”. As a mentor Natalie advised senior Kinesiology students on resume writing, interviewing skills and assisted students in finding the most appropriate job based on experience, education and location.
Natalie’s experience outside of academia includes working in world renown resorts in California, Mexico and Jamaica (The Golden Door & Rancho La Puerta) in addition to being the owner of a fitness company called “Fit Chicks” since 2001. Natalie is certified as a Personal Fitness Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Sports Nutritionist, Wellness Coach and Pre/Post Natal Specialist. She presents annually for the Medical Fitness Association, Athletic Business and the National Health Benefits Conference.
Natalie was a Body by Jake Master Trainer and presenter on FitTV and continues to promote fitness locally in Tampa, Florida and nationally in publications and television.
Natalie is currently the “Manager of Health & Lifestyle Programs” for a Medical Health Plan in Florida. She oversees the Fitness Center and its staff as well as all preventative programs relating to weight loss, fitness, exercise and nutrition. She works closely with a medical management team and is very active in promoting exercise as medicine and prevention.
Natalie is also the Regional Director for the Medical Fitness Association and works closely with the organization to integrate fitness into the medical community.
In this Certificate Program, you will receive:
• Full Access to the Online Certificate Program Site for three (3) months
• 1 DVD (filmed in HD; 130 minutes), includes a detailed lecture and procedures of conducting goniometer assessments for all major joint structures
• 1 bonus 8.5" Goniometer
• Exclusive lecture, instruction, and guidance by Ken Baldwin, Assistant Professor, NPI’s Executive Director, & IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year Award Recipient
• Details on how to implement a Goniometry Assessment Program™ at your facility
• Professional instruction to test joint range of motion to prevent musculoskeletal imbalances and injury
• Printable handout(s) to conduct a goniometry assessment program
• Prepare you to take the Final Certificate Exam online