: Looking for ways to make your company great, motivate your employees, and grow profits? Then Leadership & Goal Attainment is the course for you. In the first part of this course you will learn how relational leadership is not just a theory or a buzzword, but a way of managing through relationship-building to bring out the very best in one's employees. You will see how some executives succeeded where others failed and take advantage of those lessons of success to create your own.
Why do some genius-level leaders seem to drain intelligence and performance out of the people around them, while others stimulate, motivate, and get so much more out of their work associates? The second part of this course uses Liz Wiseman’s book to label the former group, people who need to be the smartest person in the room, as diminishers, while the latter are multipliers, people who use their smarts to stimulate and enhance the creativity of the group. This section of the course identifies what is considered the five most important disciplines that help managers to think and act more like multipliers, bringing people together, and giving others on the team more freedom, power, and responsibility, which ultimately generates self-worth and satisfaction.
The third part of this Leadership & Goal Attainment course will help you with setting and achieving your goals. While it can be difficult to set truly meaningful and motivational goals, it is one of the most essential steps to business success. Even more importantly, setting, working toward and achieving measurable goals is how we all grow personally while contributing to organizational success.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Comprehend the core elements of relational leadership
• Identify steps involved in creating an enjoyable and effective workplace
• Identify the types of leaders and the effects they have on a workforce
• Identify strategies for becoming a multiplier
• Comprehend the process for effectively setting and achieving goalsInstructor Description
: This class is an independent-study course. Students will have all the resources needed to successfully complete the course within the online material. A student helpdesk is available for technical support during the course enrollment.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• The Relational Leader by Frank McIntosh
• Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman
• 5 Secrets of Goal Setting by Dwayne Baptist