: Anatomy & Physiology is designed for learners in the allied health field with little or no prior biology or anatomy and physiology knowledge. The course is organized according to body systems, and focuses on the body working together to promote homeostasis.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the different cells of the human body
• Define features and characteristics of tissue, skin, and bone
• Define the function and movement of joints, muscles, and the spinal cord
• Identify parts of the brain, functions of hormones, and processes of blood cells
• Comprehend the function and location of the systems of the bodyInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology by Donald C Rizzo