: Let us help you work toward a career as a teacher’s aide. If you love children and want to see them succeed educationally, then becoming a teacher’s aide is for you! This distance learning teacher’s aide course can help you take the first step toward a rewarding, new career as a teacher’s aide.
There are a number of teacher’s aide jobs that directly assist teachers, administrators and instructors that are vital to the successful education of students of all ages and skill levels. A teacher’s aide is an indispensable individual who performs a number of teacher’s aide jobs such as providing instructional and clerical support to classroom teachers, meeting with parents, supervising children, and/or helping teachers set up for special projects.Instructor Description
: The Teacher Aide course is supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion this course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position in the field and to sit for the ETS’ ParaPro Assessment Certification exam. States may require additional education and experience for employment.
**Certification exams are not included in the cost of the course.**
• Broadband or High-Speed - DSL, Cable, and Wireless Connections
*Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Classroom pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
*While our courses are accessible through multiple mobile learning platforms, some courses may include a CD or DVD with the Textbook, so you may need access to a computer with CD-ROM or DVD Drive.
PC Software Requirements
• Operating Systems - Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App is needed for many of our courses (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded for FREE onto your computer.)
• PowerPoint Viewer (if you do not have PowerPoint)
• Adobe PDF Reader
• QuickTime, Windows Media Player &/or Real Player
MAC Software Requirements
• Operating Systems - Mac OS x 10 or higher with Wind