: Become an Alternative Energy Specialist and learn ways to help conserve, reduce, reuse, recycle, and thus minimize our impact on the planet. Through this “entry-level” green course you will learn that even small changes make a difference and that going green is good for our health, the planet, and even our budgets.
If you are concerned about our energy future you will want to learn about the many aspects of the energy value chain:
• Oil and natural gas
• Fossil fuels and the greenhouse effect
• Energy from water
• Solar energy
• Geothermal energy
• Wind energy
• Nuclear energy
• Energy storage
• Smart energy consumption
Armed with the knowledge from this course you can form educated and informed opinions on the future of energy and its impact on the economy, health, and the environment.
As an Alternative Energy Specialist you will discover how to establish your business as a green business. You can become a Green Consultant and help others by exploring environmentally-friendly business opportunities to choosing eco-friendly means of production. Learn business basics with a green twist including financing, office setup, day-to-day operations and so much more!
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Comprehend the core elements of green
• Identify strategies for offsetting your energy consumption
• Identify ways to buy local and buy organic
• Comprehend the basics of energy and thermodynamics
• Identify the various sources of energy and their specific featuresInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Alternative Energy Specialist course, students will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Alternative Energy Specialist (CAES).
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Picture Yourself Going Green by Erinn Morgan
• Our Energy Future by Christian Ngo & Joseph B. Natowitz
• Start Your Own Green Business by Entrepreneur Press & Rich Mintzer