: Have you thought about working with other professionals providing health care to patients? Are you a good team player? As a Clinical Medical Assistant you will work closely with patients and physicians; take vital signs, interview patients, record patient information, and provide point-of-care testing. Clinical Medical Assistants are projected to be among the fastest growing occupations in the next 5 years. Our course will also provide you with the latest HIPAA regulations, the Electronic Health Record, and how to care for special populations. Completing our Clinical Medical Assistant program will help you prepare for a successful and rewarding career in the growing healthcare industry!
Prerequisite: Solid knowledge of Medical Terminology and Anatomy & Physiology. If you do not know Medical Terminology or Anatomy & Physiology you can take one or both of our additional courses.
Upon completing this program students will learn to:
•Define the daily procedures performed by the physician and medical assistant
•Identify the proper guidelines of obtaining vital signs and patient information
•State the methods of the administration of medication and intravenous therapy
•Define the various guidelines for performing phlebotomy and microbiology charges
•Identify the standard guidelines for OSHA, sterilization and disinfectionInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Clinical Medical Assistant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a Clinical Medical Assistant in a health care center or doctor’s office and will be prepared to sit for the NHA national certification exam to become a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA).
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants by Kathy Bonewit-West