: Our Floral Design course prepares students for a career designing floral arrangements and running a successful florist business. The course balances theory with practice, covering the history of design, artistic elements, floral anatomy, and nomenclature, along with techniques, tools, and specialties. Students will be prepared for the real business world with discussions on distribution, marketing, advertising, and the other industry-specific issues needed for success in the field.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify steps for setting career targets and searching for jobs that align
• Comprehend the importance of researching careers and building a network
• Identify strategies for writing successful resumes and cover letters
• Identify strategies for marketing yourself during a job interview
• Identify methods for negotiating job offers and managing your careerInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion this course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position in the field and to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Floral Design Associate (CFDA).
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• The Art of Floral Design by Norah T. Hunter