: This Landscaping course provides the basic knowledge and industry information needed to be successful in the field of landscape design and architecture. Focusing on three areas of professional practice; design, contracting, and management, traditional topics such as design, plant installation, and pricing, as well as topics not found in most other resources, such as interior landscaping, xeriscaping, water gardens, and safety are discussed.
Successful landscapers and lawn care professionals reveal their secrets to success in this $20 billion industry. With all the homes, business parks, apartment complexes, shopping malls and hospitals that need landscaping, you can tailor your services and create your dream job. Your business can range from the simple-mowing and edging lawns, raking leaves and clipping hedges-to applying chemicals and fertilizer, trimming and shaping trees, designing landscapes and more.
Our landscaping course offers quality career training filled with a number of professional landscaping ideas and tips. The course even includes information on how to start a landscaping business. If you're interested in starting a new career, want to learn more about landscaping, or just want to spruce up your yard, then this course is for you!
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify concepts and methods for landscape design
• Comprehend the principles of design
• Define the elements involved in landscape contracting
• Identify the elements involved in maintaining a landscape
• Comprehend the basics for starting a lawn care or landscaping businessInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Landscaping course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position in the field and to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Landscaping Specialist (CLS).
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Landscaping Principles & Practices by Jack E. Ingels
• Start Your Own Lawn care or Landscaping Business by Eileen Sandlin