: This course provides the student with tips and essential skills to take and pass the NASM-CPT (Certified Personal Trainer) nationally accredited certification examination. This course provides the student with how to prepare for the exam and a comprehensive review of the requirements to demonstrate proficiency in the performance domains of Basic and Applied Sciences; Assessment; Exercise Technique and Training Instruction; Program Design; Considerations in Nutrition; Client Relations and Behavioral Coaching; and Professional Development, Practice, and Responsibility. Practice certification test questions will be presented within the course, and students who successfully complete it typically fair the same on the actual exam that is to be set up through NASM directly, after you complete the course. Please note that part of the fee when registering does cover the NASM CPT Exam fee.
1. Compare the primary styles of learning including kinesthetic, visual, auditory, social, and solitary and identify strengths and weaknesses of each.
2. Complete the preparatory (practice) credentialing exam and develop an individualized study plan.
3. List the competency domains for the NASM CPT credentialing examination.
4. List the required documentation that must accompany all certification examination candidates.
5. Schedule specific date, time and location for NASM CPT credentialing examination.
6. Identify continuing education requirements to maintain NASM CPT credential in good standing with the NASM Board of Certification.
7. Describe and implement widely-accepted procedures and protocols for emergency cardiac care, airway obstruction, automated external defibrillator, and basic life support.
8. Describe NASM’s Standards of Professional Practice including ethical business practices, confidentiality, adherence to legal requirements, and professionalism as they relate to the personal fitness trainer.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: The program prepares students for the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer Certification. NASM provides certificate students a Preferred Discount on the NASM Personal Training Certification Exam and study materials.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.